ANNUAL EVENT ENROLLMENT/STYLE GUIDE PURCHASE
When you use Vanguard’s Annual Event (AE) online Enrollment and Style Guide payment services, we collect the following types of information:
- Contact/enrollment information that you provide, such as your name, company name, address, phone number, e-mail address, accounts payable contact name, shipping address, and AE display information, all as part of the Vanguard AE enrollment/online payment process. We use and store this information to ensure your full enrollment in AE, and to contact you in the event that such contact is needed in relation to any AE-related activities. We may also use and store your contact information together with your purchase history to send you occasional promotional or marketing communications that may be of interest to you or to invite you to participate in service-related surveys. If you would prefer to opt-out of receiving any such promotional or marketing communications, just inform the Vanguard Annual Team at firstname.lastname@example.org. If you correspond with Vanguard by e-mail we may retain the content of your e-mail messages, your e-mail address, and our responses.
- Bank account number, routing number or payee information; or credit card account number, security code, expiration date, and authorized signature information. This information is all used to process payments on your behalf from your applicable bank or credit card account. This information is not used for any other purpose, and is not stored by us for any future use.
- Other Information Sources. We may use sources outside of Vanguard to verify or supplement the information you give us. For example, we may confirm or update your mailing address using directories or through change of address notifications. This helps us to ensure that your information is up-to-date.
Vanguard does not sell, rent, or share any of the personal information you provide to us with companies outside of Vanguard for their own promotional or marketing use. There are occasions, however, when we must share your information with third party service providers in order to provide you with the product or service that you have ordered from Vanguard. These service providers act on Vanguard’s behalf. For example, we may use service providers to provide customer support or to host or assist with our web site. Service providers are strictly prohibited from using your information for their own purposes. Our contracts only allow service providers to use the personal information we disclose to them in order to provide you the service or product that you have requested from us.
Among Vanguard’s affiliated companies, we may share your contact information and the types of products and services that you have purchased from us. We do not share your verification, bank, payee, or credit card information with our affiliates.
We work to protect your personal information from loss, misuse or unauthorized alteration by using industry-recognized security safeguards. When you transmit your information to us, it is protected by:
- A secure Internet connection using secure socket layer (SSL) technology.
- Encryption during transmission using 128-bit encryption (whichever your browser supports) to make your information unreadable as it passes over the Internet.